BS in Agricultural Engineering
Areas of specialization
- Crop Processing
- Agricultural Power and Machinery
- Soil and Water Management
- Agricultural Structures and Environmental Sanitation
Objectives of the Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering Program
- To train the students in the application of engineering principles particularly in the solution of problems related to agro-industrial development;
- To prepare the students to become professionals with entry-level competencies;
- To develop appreciation in the students, of the potentials of an agricultural engineering business enterprise; and
- To instill in the students a concern for the preservation of the natural environment.
Proposed Bachelor of Science in Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
(to replace the BSAEn Program)
Program Educational Objectives
- The graduates are able to apply the broad fundamental concepts of social and natural sciences, mathematics, and engineering, and the depth of knowledge gained in agricultural and biosystems engineering as professionals in their chosen careers.
- The graduates are practicing professionals who are qualified and proficient in the use and creation of appropriate research and design methodologies and tools required to successfully perform their tasks in accordance with ethical norms and standards.
- The graduates demonstrate effective communication skills, the ability to work well either individually or as part of a team, who have embraced lifelong learning values for continuous self and professional or career development.
- As professionals, the graduates utilize appropriate knowledge and technology in dealing with industrial, community and cultural diversity, and environmental concerns for the advancement of society in the local and global arena.